Saturday, January 19, 2013

Emotional Freedom: A mid-book update

When I first read Daniel Amen's book Healing ADD, I was most impressed by the fact that he believes in a comprehensive, holistic approach to dealing with ADD.  It's not just about drugs, or just about diet.  It's about drugs, diet, supplements, behavioral therapy, exercise, etc.  Approaching something from more than one angle, and admitting that there isn't one magic bullet that works for everyone makes sense to me.  That is one of the reasons that I am so exciting about the book Emotional Freedom by Judith Orloff.  She approaches fear, frustration, loneliness, anxiety, depression, jealousy and anger by showing us how they function and affect us on physical level (hormonal and biological changes), a spiritual level, an energy level, and a psychological level.  The solutions must also take place at each level.

I still have 140 pages left to go, but I am so excited to start talking to people about this book. There are ideas presented here that clarify things that I've never quite been able to grasp before.  Because I have gained so much from re-reading to create the chapter by chapter posts for The God Who Weeps, I've decided that Emotional Freedom is the book I really need to study next.

So...

Emotional Freedom will be the next book in the online book group.  I'm hoping to finish up all the chapter posts for The God Who Weeps in a couple more weeks, so you can look for the first post on this book sometime around Feb. 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment