Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Book-related New Year's Resolutions

1.  Buy another book case, or figure out a way to use the under the bed bins for paperback books.

Seriously, I have a problem with book storage.  Once again, the shelves are beyond full.  But I can't get rid of anything.  Books are knowledge.  And besides that, every time I have given away or sold my books, I've regretted it later when I wanted to look something up.  Nope.  I'm not getting rid of them.  Maybe I will need to get rid of a few other things though to make room for more books.

2.  Read books daily.

I am a reader.  I read everything, including shampoo bottles and the backs of cereal boxes.  If there are words on it, I read it.  Unfortunately, I've let myself spend too much time on FB and other online groups.  It's not totally a bad thing, but I've let my personal reading slip as I've kept up with other peoples' lives.  I'm going to try more scanning of FB for things of interest to me rather than reading every little thing.  Then the time I save will be put back into reading real paper books (OK, and a few Kindle books too. They are easy to haul around.)

Since I started this blog and have made myself write about my reading, I have read more and felt more energized and less stressed.  I need this.  I don't care if nobody ever reads this blog.  It is good for me.
Speaking of blogs...

3.  Do at least one short blog post per week.

These may end up looking more like Facebook or Twitter posts, but writing something, even a little bit, helps me process, remember, and learn from what I am reading.

Do you have any book-related New Year's Resolutions?

1 comment:

  1. #1 completed! About half of my paperback novels are now stored in under the bed bins. They are lined up, spine up, so I can scan the titles just as easily as if they were on a shelf. I still want another bookcase though.

    #2 and #3--So far, so good!

    ReplyDelete